Wednesday 30 June 2010

OOOH FLOWERY DAY!

soz this post is back to front lol, The first flower I made using stamped flowers and cut them out, the other is done with punches at the demo.!









Just watched the lovely Kirsty wiseman doing a live stream, making flowers, gorgeous designs! Today I went to the local craft shop to a demo/make it take day with Melanie Heaton, love melanies designs, they are so fresh and funky, anyhooooo we started off by punching some flowers, 4 different size punches, punched 4 from each of the larger punches and 3 from the smallest, I think they were EK success but any would do, next we made a hole thru all the layers and put a brad in and slightly opened it at the back. We then sprayed the whole lot with water so that they were quite soggy (I was horrified, ) btw we used some gorgeous co-ordinating BO Bunny papers, we then started to lift up each petal and furl it over the centre brad, you squeeze the little bunch as you go, you then end up with what looks like a dumpling! you then unfurl peatl by petal, they now look tatty vintagey, leave to dry and I sprayed mine with crafters companion iredecent spray! I also made a pair of earring that look like fuchia flowers! oh and a little gift box!

5 comments:

Maz said...

Lovely flowers, I've made some where I sprayed them with Cosmic Shimmer mist to wet and add sparkle at the same time. Trouble is I can sit and faff with the petals for ages! x

angie's blogspot said...

Thanks Maz, I think I could spend all day doing that too, lol, cosmic shimmer sounds nice, just wish I didn't have to go to work, lol

SDCrafts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kirsty Wiseman said...

you got the t-shirt for next to nothing...MEH! I paid 8 squids for that. NOT HAPPY for me, but happy for YOU x

Sandra said...

Lovely flowers!
Hugs
Sandra x

jack and Lemur at Dalton zoo

jack and Lemur at Dalton zoo